Park recently held its last V8 Supercar event and is set to close down n 2009 in
order to make way for yet another housing estate.
Fortunately two university students, Brendan and Chris, as part of their thesis,
were able to obtain and collect point cloud data using various technologies. The data in this project was collected
using a variety of survey technologies including: Aerial Laser Scanning
(LiDAR), Real Time Kinematic GPS, and Robotic Total Stations
The data obtained is 5% of the amount used in the first Eastern Creek project, but it is more evenly distributed which produced a more consistent result.
BTB-Laser has been used to create:
- A track surface that fits to within 2cm of the point cloud data.
- Terrain that follows the flow of the Aerial data.
- Walls, fencing and rails that flow with the land.
- 3d saw toothed ripple strips placed according the GPS-RTK data.
- Grass, Track Markings, Advertising signs.
- Hundreds of tyres placed using new String-Object feature to be available in v0.6.
- Over 100 rubbish bins.
Download the full Oran Park v1.1 track from one of these sites:
Mirror 1 - Filefront
Mirror 2 - Mediafire
Mirror 3 - Filefactory
and extract the contents to your rFactor\GameData\Locations\
Please don't create mirrors of this download as this makes it difficult to manage the updates.